Oxford Rd, Manchester M13 9PL, United Kingdom
Manchester - a unique university in a unique city
The University of Manchester is world renowned for its academic and research excellence. It was awarded the title University of the Year. With a distinguished history and exciting agenda for the future, our graduates are constantly in demand from the worlds top employers. The high-quality education offered in the UK is recognised around the world. Students from more than 180 countries want to study at The University of Manchester.
The Universitys degree programmes are career-orientated and designed with input from industry and commerce to make sure you gain the skills needed to progress in your chosen area. A number of programmes also have the option of a year in industry, which is an excellent way of broadening your experiences and preparing you for the world of work.
Employers know that a graduate from Manchester will be of an extremely high standard, increasing your career prospects at the end of your degree. They also have an award-winning Careers Service, which is consistently voted the best in the country.
Their unrivaled facilities and cultural assets include the Jodrell Bank Observatory, the Manchester Museum with its recent GBP20m extension, the Contact Theatre, the Whitworth Art Gallery and the John Rylands Library, the third largest academic library in the UK.
They also invest heavily in the latest technology and state-of-the-art equipment, with more than 10,000 PCs across campus, 24/7 access to computer facilities on campus, plus optional internet access to the University network in most halls.
* The UKs largest single-site university;
* The UKs most popular university, receiving more applications for undergraduate study than any other British university;
* In the latest Research Assessment Exercise (RAE 2008), Manchester was rated third in the UK behind only Oxford and
Cambridge in terms of research power;
* Guaranteed accommodation for international students;
* In the 2008 Shanghai Jiao Tong Ranking of the Worlds Top 500 Universities, Manchester was placed 40th. This increase of
eight places in one year is more than any other university in the top 100;
* No fewer than 23 Nobel Prize winners amongst our current and former staff and students;
* 4 million books in one of the best UK university libraries.