Lower Ormond Street, Manchester M15 6HB, United Kingdom
MMU is big, really big. The third most popular university in the UK offers a staggering 1000 courses. But dont let that worry you. If you like the bright lights and the big city, then the central Manchester campus will suit you down to the ground. Fancy something a bit quieter, then the two campuses in the leafy and well-heeled county of Cheshire just to the south will be more your scene.
Manchester is a phenomenal student city, three universities jostle for position within as many miles in the centre and there are no end of facilities for students around town. MMU has splendid academic facilities an unbeatable range of courses and exceptional locations. For international students who want to experience big-city life UK style, but are worried that London is too big and too expensive, choose MMU - it is perfect.
The central campus is situated close to Manchesterï¿½ï¿½s city centre. There are six further campus locations, four in other parts of the city and two in Cheshire, 36 miles (58 km) from Manchester:
The UKï¿½ï¿½s 3rd most popular University, receiving over 48,000 applications per year offers:
* Over 1,000 courses and qualifications, many with a strong professional bias.
* The highest concentration of postgraduate taught courses in the North West.
* Links with over 70 professional bodies and associations recognising both the quality and practical focus of course provision.
* An extensive portfolio of training and professional development courses, including tailored courses to meet specific business needs.
Facts about MMU:
* The North West fashion design and textiles industry has seen an increase in sales of ï¿½G5 million over the last four years as a result of partnerships with MMU.
* The University is an international leader in clothing design and technology.
* MMU is the largest public sector provider of accountancy training in the North West.
* We are one of the largest providers of science, engineering and technology education in the UK.
* The regionï¿½ï¿½s schoolchildren are directly benefiting from the 81% of newly qualified teachers who stay on to work and live in the region each year.
* 80% of MMUs trained health professionals including nurses, health visitors, health scientists and dental technicians go on to work in the health services in the North West
* MMU educate a tenth of the UKï¿½ï¿½s food technologists.
* MMU is one of the largest creative communities in the UK, with over 8,000 students and staff involved in cultural production in the region.
* According to the latest UK-wide assessment of university research quality MMU has world-leading research in sciences, arts, education and social sciences.
* The new Poet Laureate Carol Ann Duffy is creative director at MMUï¿½ï¿½s Writing School in the Department of English.